Sunday, December 4, 2011

He's at it again

Some of you may remember last year's debacle in which Michael inadvertently revealed my Christmas presents to me.

Would you like to hear this year's version?

A couple of weeks ago we were sitting together while Michael showed me black Friday deals on the computer.  He pointed out a Best Buy ad that had the new Harry Potter movie for $9.99.

I said, "10 bucks, wow."

Then he said, "But it's a different version than ours."

Then I got confused - ours?
Then I looked Michael in the eyes deeply and quietly and raised my eyebrows.
And then his face fell with closed eyes and pursed lips in a way that said, "Aw hell."

And then I laughed so loud and so hard for so long.

Poor guy.

Speaking of Michael and his funny ways, I am starting to really have a lot of fun taunting him about presents, because it seriously drives him crazy!!!  He can't STAND not knowing what he's getting.  We got Jane a few gifts during Thanksgiving and I wrapped them and put them under the tree.  Michael looked down at the presents and said, "That's so mean.  The presents have to stare her in the face for a whole month before she gets to open them."

This really opened my eyes to what's going on in Michael's mind.  Because that's what it is to him: agonizing.  Knowing there is a gift there, for YOU, and you can't have it.  For me, seeing presents under the tree is just more of the magic of the season, and when I see them I see something to look forward to.  To Michael, it's cruel. I wonder if Jane will inherit this trait?

Anyway, the presents that I've gotten for Michael are safely wrapped and tucked away, at my mom's house, because I don't think Michael could stand to have them here.  Or, he could stand to have them here: once he had carefully pulled open one end of the wrapping and looked inside, then re-wrapped it.  I'm taking no chances.

He sure is fun. =)

3 comments:

M said...

Ha! That is too funny. When I was on my mission, I opened all my presents early (because no one from my family was around to stop me). And now, ever since then, it's been hard to wait and open presents on Christmas morning...

Breanne said...

Lol that's a really funny story, M.

Kylen and Adrienne said...

That cracked me up!! How funny that it happened 2 years in a row!