Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Unexpected addition

I posted the following on Facebook yesterday, but I realized that there are some people who aren't on Facebook that might find this interesting:

Um, this cat adopted us. Without our permission. I think she took one look at our home and was like, "Yep, this is where I'm going to live now." Last Friday she introduced herself to us and since then she has been applying for citizenship in the house. This morning I took her to the vet to see if she's microchipped, and the vet didn't find one, but we both agreed that this is definitely an indoor cat that has grown up with people and has been well looked after. I've had her listed on KSL for a few days as a "found" cat, but no one has called yet. So today we gave her a bath and gave her a temporary visa to the house.
Since when do we take in strays? I feel ridiculous, like we're going to become one of those houses on "Hoarders" with like 58 cats.
But seriously, this is the most affectionate cat EVER. I have never been snuggled so much by a cat in my life. She's not fully grown, I think she might be 6 months or so old, and she makes our cat look like she has all the personality of Ben Stein. And this cat loves Jane and totally lets Jane abuse her, pull her tail, and give her tight "hugs."
So, our first, cream colored cat is named Abba Zabba, after the white candy. This new cat is a much darker color with white feet and white on the very tip of her tail, so I think we're going to name her with a dark candy/dessert name.



So that's my news.  I do think I'm insane.  There's a clinic that will spay cats for $10 that I'll take her to, and then we'll have to see about vaccinations and de-worming.  I wasn't really sure about keeping this cat, but she's growing on me.  Aka I wuv her already.

2 comments:

Ross and Kathy said...

You didn't say how the two cats get along together. Do they play? How about Whiskers?

Kylen and Adrienne said...

wow, for a minute I thought you were talking about the other cat and I just realized there's 2. Amazing to find a cat who actually likes so much attention and cuddling. It's really cute!