Sunday, February 14, 2010

Nesting: Nursery Edition

A few days ago our crib came (generously provided by my Aunt Lynne!), which felt like the last piece of the puzzle for the nursery:

Right now there is a painting by Aunt Lynne hanging over it which looks nice, but I'll have to find a safety anchor for it (or if I can't we might have to move the painting before Janie starts sleeping in the crib). At the moment she's sleeping in a bassinet in our room so we've got some time to figure it out. But I do think it looks fun with the yellow walls around it.

The room is still a work in progress, but it's finished enough that I feel okay about posting pictures. The bookshelf beside the crib is still something I want to figure out; it would be nice if it was organized and a little more accessible.



The crib matches our changing table pretty well:

I got the extra-long version changing table, which is nice because we can lay diapers and wipes right on the same surface and they're easily accessible. I usually don't have so much stored on the shelf above (only soft things), but I put a bunch of diapers up there for this photo. Did you notice the little bear holding a card with Jane's name on the shelf? One of the nurses made that for her hospital bassinet, she did such a cute job.

Also, did you notice this guy?

Poor Jane. Her mom has quite a thing for frogs. In fact, you can probably find a frog in every room of my house. The girl has quite a few froggie items. Grandma found this little frog trash bin at the store and couldn't help getting it, and I think it's adorable, especially when you open the lid and it goes RIBBIT RIBBIT. So cute!

I also like that the changing table doubles as a dresser; we don't have to go far to get her outfits out:


She's still wearing her newborn-sized outfits, and all of her older clothes are hanging in the closet:

I'll have to do a post about some of her outfits soon, she's gotten some cute ones from family, friends, and co-workers (including that frilly purple thing that makes my estrogen spike every time I see it - that's why it's hanging out in front of the clothes).

We found these prints for free online and printed a few out and put them in inexpensive frames we found at Ikea:

I've also got a rocking chair in the room that I've borrowed from my mom. Over the window are some paper cranes and flowers that were decorations at my baby shower:

There's not a great spot on the walls for this Alberto Cerriteno print that I got a few years ago (with a baby in mind), but I think it looks okay here:


So here's a spin around the room:







It's nice that the room feels somewhat finished. It sat empty for so many months after we moved in, and over the last couple of months we've added things piece by piece and it's all coming together now. Music to a nesting mother's ears!

7 comments:

Jacque said...

Looks so beautiful! What a wonderful nursery. Maybe I should come over and sit in it for a bit.

Ross and Kathy said...

Looks like you guys did a great job. Nice to hear that you had help from friends and family. Is the bookcase anchored?

M said...

What a darling room! Your little baby Jane is such a lucky girl. I especially love those prints that you found for free online.

Breanne said...

I forgot that the bookcase isn't anchored. I better do that before she gets moving.

amy jo said...

Its beautiful! I always wanted a nursery like that. You guys are very creative.

Kylen and Adrienne said...

Looks awesome! I realized after I got home the other day that I didn't even think to take a look...but it's awesome!

Brooke S. said...

This is the best baby room! It's not ridiculous and pink crochet everywhere. It's baby and arty and whimsical and perfect. I love it.