Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Milestones

Jane is 4 weeks old today! Things have slowly been changing these past few weeks. Some of her shirts are a little tighter on her than they were 3 weeks ago, but she still fits into them. As of yesterday she has been giving us big smiles when we smile at her, which is thrilling. Jane didn't really cry very much the first week or two, and slowly she has started to cry a little more (which I know is normal). I think she has two cries: one is an "ahem, could you help me?" cry which usually is very short. The second cry I call her "Business" cry, because when she does it, she means business, and I usually worry that she is going to pass out (omg, is she ever going to inhale?).


Jane's eyes are very well coordinated now, and we rarely see her cross-eyed anymore. She has learned how to bring her little fist to her mouth to help calm her down, and she can hold her head up by herself for a couple minutes at a time! Her favorite thing to look at is someone's face, and she turns her head towards us if Michael or I talk in the room. Just this week her thighs started looking chunky, which we love, we call them chunky monkey thighs.


I have been so happy for these past four weeks, I love being a mom, and I think Michael was missing Jane all his life, he has taken to being a Dad like a duck to water - I think he was always meant to do it. He is such a good Dad, too, more patient than I ever realized - he can hold that girl while she screams bloody murder and coo and smile at her all the same. We have loved this last month - I wonder how long this high can last? =)

2 comments:

Ross and Kathy said...

I'm glad you are able to enjoy every minute.

Nikki Jenson said...

I think its normal to be on that kind of high for almost 6 months. You keep wondering to yourself "am I ever gonna stop being this happy!"