Wednesday, September 23, 2009

It's a girl!

We saw the doctor this morning and he waited until the end of our appointment to tell us boy or girl. Michael told the doctor sarcastically as he was leaving, "Hey thanks for waiting until the VERY end to tell us what it was." The doctor laughed like - mwah haha.

Anyway, we'll now start narrowing down names. We have a few ideas, but for right now we affectionately call her Myrtle. Just kidding. She's very healthy, everything looked good and he didn't see any problems. Hurrah!

They gave us an ultrasound video to take home, and it's below. The whole video was 15 minutes long, so I've tried to edit out parts where he took measurements or just stopped the ultrasound for a moment. The doctor kept pausing it to explain things to us, so if it looks like your video has frozen, it probably hasn't. The cutest and clearest stuff (little hands and foots - so cute) is after the 5 minute mark, so you can just skip to that if you want. I don't think anyone will watch the whole 7 minutes except people who are REALLY excited. (And if you are I have to say - I can relate)



I apologize ahead of time to my kid for having her hoo-hoo exposed to all of the internet. I will save up for therapy.

My favorite part of all is just how much she moves around in there - like - it's aliiiive! We were talking about how much she was moving around and Michael was like, "Yep, that's my kid." - uh oh. Last night she kicked me really hard a couple times - she's only 21 weeks for pete's sake and I thought my belly-button might invert or something. So I was telling that to the doctor, saying "Is that normal? Or do I have like super-baby?" And the doctor just said, "Yes. You have super-baby."

lol

8 comments:

Taylor Thompson said...

It's a girl! That is so exciting!!! Hooray for pinkness!

amy jo said...

Awesome super baby! Myrtle is beautiful and I can't wait to meet her. For some reason when I went to watch the movie I turned on my volume like it was going to have cool sound effects or like a dr voice over- haha. Miss you guys and congratulations!

Nikki Jenson said...

Bre Bre you are so cute and so funny! I just love reading your blogs cuz you make me laugh the mostest of all! I am so happy for you and super-baby-Myrtle!

Kylen and Adrienne said...

Yay, I knew it!!!

Kat Dahl said...

Mark is probably jealous...but that's so fun!! Seriously, if I weren't at work, I'd totally watch that whole video without getting bored from it!! Maybe I'll save that for when I get home!! :)

heather said...

Wahoo!!!! How awesome. This video is amazing. I'm so excited for you and michael. woo hoo!! woo hoo!!

Jana Hopper said...

girls are the best! They just keep moving and moving though just wait :) Mine looks like the loch ness monster in there half the time.

Jana

The Niebuhr's said...

I am so happy for you! Little girls are so much fun.