Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Check it out

STILL NO UPDATE ON BABY GENDER

Just for those of you who are dying to know. We'll find out tomorrow.

But I had a couple of things to share today.

First, I just found out that an entire class of third graders just voted on what I'm going to have... 3rd graders that I've never met! I just got this email from my mom:

"Well, my class just voted, and 19 think you are having a boy, 6 a girl, and two abstained. - Mom"

My response: what do 3rd graders know, anyway?

Mom agrees.


Second: I've been trying to go off of my anti-nausea pills for 2 weeks, to no avail. I'm still horribly sick without them, and even taking them I still throw up now and then. So yesterday I gave in and called my doctor to renew my prescription (since I had just taken my last one). They phoned in a new prescription to my pharmacy and wonderful Michael picked it up for me. I noticed some interesting things on the bag when he brought it home.

First, what we paid:



Then this line:



HAHA. Doesn't that amaze you? My anti-nausea pills retail for about $20 a pill! (there were 60) But I know that my health insurance company doesn't pay nearly that much per pill - probably less than 10%. Also - if my health insurance didn't cover it, I know that Walgreen's has a pharmacy club you can subscribe to for $20 a year, and that takes the price of each pill down to about $2. So the total prescription would have cost me $180.

So in reality, my health insurance company saved me at most about $190. But that's still a lot of money! I'll take $0.16 a pill any day.

1 comment:

Kat Dahl said...

HA ha....awesome. I love insurance...but I think that some of the bills we see are seriously ridiculous!! *shakes head*