Thursday, September 17, 2009

Hump day

Today I'm 20 weeks along, which is halfway through my pregnancy. I celebrated by throwing up spectacularly this morning. Seriously, it could have been choreographed to "Stars and Stripes Forever." And my pregnant sister called right during the performance! And she could hear me! Wonderful. We just found out last week that she is pregnant and only 2 months behind me! It was a big surprise, and my baby will have someone to play with at family gatherings, so that is really cool.

We have the ultrasound next week to find out the gender. I tried to fool myself yesterday into thinking that I should enjoy this next week because it'll be the last time that I can think of my baby in a generic non-gender "my baby" terms, but it's not working. I have half a mind to walk into my doctor's office and demand to know this minute. Mostly so I can just get decorating already. Ok, that's a lie, I have no money to decorate. But I can start planning.

We have also been living in a new house for the last month and a half, I know I haven't said anything about it so far. It's been more challenging than anything else. It's a cute little house with pretty wooden floors all across the upstairs, and nice big windows. It's a rambler, so I don't have to go up or down stairs to get to the kitchen from my bedroom. There's still a lot to put away, but we can function at least. Michael surprises me everyday by fixing something or taking care of something else. It's so nice but sometimes I feel like I can't keep up with him and that is frustrating that I can't do as much. But he gets a lot done. The only problem we really seem to run into is saving up enough to get things from the hardware store that we need to fix things around the house. I think it will just come together slowly over time. Hopefully a lot will be done by next February.

1 comment:

Nikki Jenson said...

Just so you know - I think you're having a boy. And I think Jac is having a girl. (sorry Jac.) Don't mean to jump the gun on this but why haven't we had a guessing game yet! Hello!