Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Cyoot widdle iddle-kinnnns



We had to make an unscheduled stop at the doctor's office today. I just had an appointment last week and wasn't supposed to have another one until the end of September when we find out the gender. But I've been having a lot of abdominal pain, right over my uterus, and it was finally to the point where it was worrying me. The doctor checked the ligaments on either side of my uterus, which are supposed to be sore as the baby gets bigger, and they are. But when he pressed right on my uterus, right in the middle, there's a lot of pain and tenderness there, which he said wasn't really usual. So he did an ultrasound and we saw a little wiggly baby, moving around, waving at us (I don't care what Michael says, the baby was waving), heart beating nicely, placenta looks ok, uterus looks ok. So the things that could have been big worries are all doing okay. But he's still a little concerned. We're going to try medication for a bladder infection and see if that helps, and hopefully nothing gets worse over the next few weeks. Oh, and I'm supposed to take it "easier." Easily said when you haven't just moved.

Michael asked if the doctor could tell the gender, and to my surprise the doctor totally tried to find out, but he said our baby's foot was right in the way. He said that his daughter is about as far along as I am (17 weeks), and they could see that she had a boy already. But I think it's funny like our baby's first act of rebellion. I don't mind waiting until next month, but Michael's going to get a hernia soon if he doesn't find out.

But it is crazy to see that it's not just a little blob anymore with a flickering heartbeat inside. It has a little face and a little tummy, little arms and little legs. Cutest thing ever.

10 comments:

Jacque said...

so cute

Kylen and Adrienne said...

Ligament pain was not fun to go through, but it definitely sounds like you have something additional going on. I hope that medication helps, and that Michael makes it through another month :)

Kat Dahl said...

Hopefully you'll find that it's nothing to worry about and that whatever meds they give you will actually help. I think you're little iddle-kinnnns is totally adorable. It wasn't until the first ultrasound where Mark could see the head and body and the moving around that Mark was finally able to connect with the idea that we were having a baby. He started to get excited and that just made the rest of the pregnancy a lot more fun for me. I'm glad that Mikey is so excited to find out the gender...you guys will make such awesome parents. I'm jealous of your kid!! :P

amy jo said...

Adorable! I hope you start feeling better. I found out Jill was a girl at 18 weeks. Hmmm... I predict girl : )

Hugs from mom said...

She's a cute little thing. And I'm totally sure she was waving high!

Did you notice my gender preference? I can't wait till you find out for sure. It's going to be the longest month of Michaels life.

The Niebuhr's said...

That is so cute! I love when you finally see a baby. With Breanna you could see her hands by her face in the ultrasound. Hope everything gets better.

Danette said...

I hope the pain goes away, pregnancy just seems like one weird pain after another. But, it's worth it when you get to see them. I love the detail, the baby looks perfect!

Whitney Hardie said...

Congratulations, Breanne. What a beautiful little baby. I'm so happy for you!

amy jo said...

I check all the time to see if you have cracked yet and gone to see the baby's gender. I'm dying here!!

Taylor Thompson said...

There's a cute little profile and everything! We had our ultrasound at 8 weeks, so it mostly just looks like a blob, not a baby. I can't wait until I can have a real picture!

Any word on gender yet? There's always Fetal Photo at the mall :)