Tuesday, October 15, 2013

October Activities 2013

*Written 7/14*

On October 3rd Jane's preschool had their first outing: a visit to the corn fields and petting zoo by our home (it has a name... I just can't remember it right now).  I took Jane there a couple of years ago before Colin was born, but she is older now and it was fun for her to be with her school friends, including her best friend and our neighbor, Gabi.  This activity also happened to fall on a Thursday, which is Michael's day off from work, so Michael and Colin could come, too!  It had been warm and breezy just the day before but the weather got cold very suddenly!  It was chilly and blistery but we still had a good time.

Colin all wrapped up and looking rather cute
giggling with Daddy.


Jane got to pick out a pumpkin and this is the one she chose.
Excellent choice, I'd say.




Jane and Gabi (in green) looking at the cows.


Gabi and her mom Ashley on the hay ride.

Me and my babies on the hay ride!
I was picking hay out of my sweater for weeks!
Worth it.

A couple of weeks later, we cut up our Halloween pumpkin.

Jane and Daddy mucked it out.

Colin and I were nearby for moral support.



Daddy did the sharp work.


Here it is all done!

Here's a short video of Jane's experience cleaning out the pumpkin:




Pretty fun!  I love fall.

1 comment:

Ross and Kathy said...

Those were great pics; and what a fun video.