Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Playing catch-up Part 1: the Zoo

I realized that before I can post about the last couple of weeks, I have a few things to catch up on.

In April Jane and I went to the zoo with my sister and her kids.  It was a very nice day - a little cold, but sunny.  I had never been to the zoo here in Utah and obviously Jane's only animal experiences so far have mostly been watching her mom get too close to a llama.

So get ready for lots of pictures.

Jane was a doll

3/4 of my sister's cute kids

Jane looking at an elephant

Said elephant

Jane absolutely adores her aunt Jacque and
insisted on being held by her for most of the day.
Mommy had no problem with that (heheh).

Jane didn't want to ride by herself but she was
more than happy to sit on mommy's lap

Cute cousin Ella

Cute cousin Alex

When I saw the ostrich I knew we had to ride it.

I didn't even have to push the stroller up
this big hill!  Nephews are the best!

One of these things is not like the other...

And help going DOWN the hill...

Jacque said, "Hey, Bre, you should go get
reeeeeeeal close to that llama!"
Ha ha.

Awesome tigers

Jane thought they were cool, too.

Hey, we just rode one of you!

Giraffe

Jane watching said giraffe

No idea what these things were called,
but Jane sure liked them.

Enough to lick the glass.

Jane, quit it!

Jane we have to move on, now.  Jane?

Sup?

"Take a picture, it'll last.... oh."
He seemed to say.

What can I say, I like the aviary.

Jane was happy as a clam with Aunt Jacque.

Self portrait.

Beautiful Ella.



We went for a little train ride.
Jane was getting pretty tired by that point.

But her cousins were still going strong!


I think I have forgotten most of the anecdotal events of the day, which you may or may not take to be a good thing.  But all in all it was pretty fun. =)

2 comments:

D & C said...

Hey Jane! Tigers are NOT cool. They once almost ate your dad!! Grandma didn't see him climb over the 3-foot fence when he was about 3. Someone else saw him, though, and pulled him out. Yikes.

D & C said...

Hey, Jane! Tigers are not cool. They almost ate your dad when he was a little boy. A zoo patron took him out after he climbed a 3-foot fence around the tiger cage.