Friday, December 31, 2010

Mayhem

We got Jane *a few* things for Christmas.  But there's only one thing that Michael really, really wanted to give Jane.

And that was hundreds of tiny plastic balls.  Yes, Michael wanted to give Jane a little ball pit for Christmas.  So we ordered the plastic balls online.

"But where will we put the balls?" Michael asked me.

"Oh, in the porta crib or something," I said.

But on Christmas when we took the balls out of the box, I realized that she was going to go down for a nap in the porta crib pretty soon and I didn't want to have to dig out hundreds of balls from it.  So I suggested, "Maybe in the cardboard box?"


So we did it, and we put Jane in there, but we soon learned that it wasn't a good idea, as you can see in this video:


Nooo structural support.  Hmmm.  What to do, what to do?

And that's when I remembered that friends had once (6 years ago) given us an inflatable kiddie pool as a kind of joke.  Hah!  So we blew it up and put the balls in there and presto:


Instant ball pit!  And there were added bonuses to this ball pit.  The sides are so low that Jane can actually crawl in and out, which Michael told me but I didn't believe it until I saw it with my own eyes!

The next night I was sitting working on something and suddenly I realized Jane was playing in the ball pit behind me.  I had to get a video!  The video below is about 4:30 long because it's so darn cute.  You could skip to about 2:45 to get the idea if you like.  The last minute you can see her going in and out of the pool a few times.  Crazy girl!

5 comments:

Jacque said...

I had to watch the whole thing. That was so cute! Now I need one for Ian!!

Ross and Kathy said...

She's growing up so fast. Yup, Yup, Yup. And soooooooooooo cute.

Hugs from mom said...

I love that! We got one for Dallin for his second birthday and it lasted for years! I tried to find a new one after ours ripped but they just don't make them like they used to.

Jane was really cute and you're going to love the hours of entertainment. Get things done while you can!

Kylen and Adrienne said...

That is THE COOLEST thing ever! I wish I had room in my house for one.

D & C said...

When Jane is lying down on the balls, she's waiting for you to drag her around on top of them like ball bearings. It's a fun ride!