Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas Eve

Every year on Christmas Eve my family gets together at my Mom's house to open their gifts from grandma and uncle Adam, and also my siblings and I exchange simple family gifts. This year there were about 24 people there, I think.

That's a lot of people!

Here are just 16 people - looks crowded, doesn't it?

Well, 16 people and one dog.
Uncle Doug didn't even have to pay
Ella to give him hugs this year!

Uncle Adam had his hands full with Alex.

Literally.
Nikki got caught showing Jane some looove.
Jane liked to play with the paper!  After the first hour or so of
shyness, just threw herself right into the chaos with her cousins.
Both Jane and I got some pretty things to wear from Grandma.
Jane also got one very LARGE package from Grandma.
What is it?
(Watch your head, Michael!)

The tension mounts.
Oooh a fun scooter thingy!
Thanks to Daddy for spending what felt like an hour putting it together!
My sister pointed out on her blog how grateful we were to have uncle Doug and my Mom with us this  Christmas.  Doug has struggled with cancer for years and underwent major surgery this year, and in October my mom suffered a serious stroke.  They are both doing very well now, but it just made this season a little more meaningful.

In light of my mom's stroke, we put together a special calendar for her, decorated with photos of her children as children, and her grandchildren, and added a few memories from each of us.  I felt like it was important to take a chance while still have her here to express appreciation for a few of the things she's done for us and remember good things that she's brought to our lives.




Merry Christmas!

No comments: