Monday, May 24, 2010

Look out below

Last night it rained a lot, and then I guess the temperature dropped below freezing, and all that rain froze. Then this morning when I woke up it was snowing quite a bit:


The big tree in my front yard just got all of these big new lush leaves, and I guess it couldn't handle the weight of the leaves, snow, and all of that ice, because I heard a crash and then saw this in my driveway:


Then about an hour later, I heard a big crack and looked out the window to see this puppy falling:


It fell right on top of Jane's room. I don't think there's any damage, and I'm glad everything is okay, but for Pete's sake - I had JUST gotten her to fall asleep for a nap. Oh well.


I looked out the window and I can see big hunks of ice frozen to the branches. I bet with the ice and the snow it just got way too heavy. Plus with the big one, it looks like a smaller branch broke and then took out a larger one with it on the way down.


And we were just talking about getting a tree trimmer last week. =/

5 comments:

Barney Family said...

HOLY SMOKES!!

Kylen and Adrienne said...

Dumb snow...it totally killed my tomato plants! Is it almost June or is it February again? Glad your house wasn't damaged at all...that's pretty freaky.

M said...

Wow! I'm glad that your actual house wasn't damaged. Are trees falling all over your neighborhood?

Silly snow.

Silly Utah weather.

Hugs from mom said...

Seriously, I thought we lived in a desert. Did the state somehow move to Washington without me knowing? I was sooooo done with winter like 3 months ago! Stupid groundhog. It wasn't six more weeks of winter it was 12!

Sorry about your trees.

Ross and Kathy said...

Gee, I wonder who suggested tree trimming? Isn't that always the way. You think, "I ought to take care of that". You wait a week of two and the worst that can happen - happens. Well, we're all happy nothing very bad happened.