Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Laundry Mayhem

Yesterday was "frantic laundry day" as Michael and I kept the washer and dryer going from about 8 in the morning to 1am, with a 2-hour break for Jane's nap somewhere in there.  Not only are we preparing for an upcoming trip, but I decided that all of the sheets on the bed, the duvet cover, and the down comforter needed to be washed, too.  I'm only sad that I didn't have time to do the pillows.  But, on the bright side, I don't think there's an unwashed cloth in the entire house now, aside from what I wore to bed last night.  It was odd, too, how we'd keep running loads of clothes and I'd think we were done, and then I'd open up the diaper bag and see three things in there that needed to be washed, along with Jane's crib sheets, and that smelly blanket that had been laying on the floor of our room - and suddenly -BAM- there's another load to do.

One happy side effect was being able to get our room cleaner than usual.  Michael and I organized our bedside tables, and he even tackled the "corner of death" aka the corner of our room where Michael strips off his socks before bed and throws them (it's 5 feet away from the hampers... why, WHY?) until they accumulate into a large pile of socks and discarded clothes and dust and probably small animals.  And I just let it sit there because I think, maybe he will pick them up at some point?  Anyway, we cleaned out the corner of death and got the floor all clean (and visible) and we had nice clean sheets on the bed and all was wonderful.

Until it was time for bed and I walked over to give Michael a kiss and I saw two socks, discarded, on the floor in the corner!  And I turned slowly to Michael and said, "What are theses socks...  on the flooooooorrrrchhhhhhhugggghhhh"  The sentence really devolved into these over-dramatic gurgling gargling sounds.   Michael just looked at me for a minute and then said, "Are you the gate keeper?"

Alright.  You gotta give props for a well-placed Ghostbusters reference.  Nice one, Michael.  You're off the hook... this time.

3 comments:

Erika said...

I love Ghostbusters. hate laundry.

MBC said...

Surprisingly (to me), I am the one with the corner of death in our bedroom. I just like to have my little stack of socks, sweatshirt and yoga pants there near the bed in case I have to slip back into them double quick! Even though I know I will never put the dirty socks back on my feet.

Sharon said...

No wonder I felt immediately comfortable with Michael -- he channels JohnCliff!