Sunday, January 31, 2010

Oh my goodness

I am so in love.

On Friday we took her to the doctor to get her weighed (nothing was wrong, the pediatrician at the hospital just told us to come in so we could see how she's doing). We were in the waiting room when a nurse came out and called, "Jane?"
Michael and I both sat there for a second and then looked at each other and then we were like, "Oh. She means us." Like our three-day old little baby was a real person or something. It was crazy but fun.


See her little toes peeking out from the left in this photo?

I spend hours staring at her, and when she's not in a milk coma she stares back up at my face or her dad's face if he's holding her. We are all pretty fascinated around here. So far my favorite thing to sing to her is Into the Mystic by Van Morrison, which strikes me as very odd, but really it is a pretty song. When we sing to her she gets still and looks around or from side to side like, "Something's happening. And if I just hold still I'll figure it out." So cute.

7 comments:

Nikki Jenson said...

She's such a cutie! I think she's a genius!

Jacque said...

that is so precious! I think I've seen that half-awake look on you before Breanne!

Kylen and Adrienne said...

Oh, she's so precious! Isn't it totally crazy that all of a sudden this whole new little person is here? I loved the first month or two...I swear all I did was nurse and hold Kathryn, getting to know her. I'll give you a call real soon...I'm getting totally anxious to come visit :)

amy jo said...

I love the one eye half open shot. Adorable. I think she looks like you! (not with one eye open, just in general)

Ross and Kathy said...

YUP, SHE'S A KEEPER. That's what I'm sayin'. Beautiful too.

Taylor Thompson said...

She sleeps like a Disney princess, with her little hands positioned by her face! So sweet!

Hugs from mom said...

She's just amazing! Thanks for posting all these precious moments for us.