Friday, November 19, 2010

Sleep talking

Today I changed Jane's diaper in her room and stayed in there for a few minutes to fold some clothes and put them away.  Jane was sitting in her crib playing with all of the clothes I intended to fold and making monster sounds, and I was chatting with her as I worked.  Michael was asleep in the other room but the door was slightly ajar, and suddenly I heard this:

Michael: Breannnnne.

Me: Yes?

Michael: I need you to come get this baby.

Me:  ... The baby is in here with me.

*rustling of the bed covers*

Michael: Are you sure?

Me: Yep, she's in my arms.

Michael (doubtfully):  Okay...


As you can probably tell, Michael's graveyard shift at work has been taking a bit of a toll on him lately.  He's told me before he wakes up in a panic thinking that the baby is in the covers and looking desperately for her in them.  Poor Michael!

4 comments:

Ross and Kathy said...

You think he stresses over this? Wait till he's waiting up for her passed midnight when she's out on a date with some guy.

Breanne said...

That won't be a problem because Michael is sending her to a nunnery when she turns 16. =)

Nikki Jenson said...

Poor Michael, btw, on your last post... WOW Jane has "Gilroy" eyes!

Jacque said...

ohhh that's so freaky. A few weeks ago I woke with a start and said to Kimball, "Where's the baby?!" Cause I was sitting up in bed... nursing! Yup, still there, right where I left him.