Friday, December 11, 2009

32 weeks, or 2 months to go

I'm 8 months along now. Here's another picture for belly-documentation:



Though I still feel like I'll be pregnant forever, I'm starting to get the feeling that in a couple of months my responsibility list will get a lot bigger. I can't believe there's just 8 weeks left, but again, I don't really feel like it's ever going to end. People at work try to convince me that it WILL end, and then I whip up a google search for the lady that was pregnant for 46 years (Google: "pregnant for 46 years" unless you don't want to get so scared that your hair turns white). But we did some math and figured out that I'm 60 times more likely to get struck by lightning than to have that happen.

The baby loves to press her feet up into my right ribs, and often I have to push down on her in order to do things like sit normally or drive or breathe. We are both very excited for her to come, though I also feel very intimidated. Michael is elated and can barely wait another minute (much like the wait to find out the gender). Some things he won't wait for, like reading her Dr. Seuss stories which he does once or twice a week. We're still at a loss for what to name her. We've decided we'll go to the hospital with a few of our favorite names, and we'll pick one when we meet her. That way we'll have something to tell people when we call them, instead of just the weight and height. But until then we're welcoming any suggestions. My favorite suggestion so far has come from my niece: Glitter. Isn't that terrific? "This is my baby, Glitter." Sounds like a My Little Pony.

We're having a nice holiday season so far. It's much better than last year, when I was pretty much bedridden for the entire month with my kidney stone problems. The cold weather keeps giving me flashbacks to lying on the couch in a drugged haze for weeks next to the Christmas tree. I did get out of the house once, we rented a wheelchair and Michael pushed me around a mall, and as uncomfortable and awkward as it was, it was the only holiday thing I got to do. Michael had a hard time, too, taking care of me while working graveyards and having finals week in school, I don't know how he did it (maybe it was worse for him than for me?). At any rate, whatever trouble we're having this season, it's certainly better than last year so it's easy to find things to be grateful for. I hope you're all having a good (if not perfect) holiday season, too.

7 comments:

Jana Hopper said...

I think glitter is an excellent suggestion! lol jk :) We did the same thing with thinking of names for when she actually arrived. We had our favorite but some back ups if she didn't look like a phynley. The only name I told anyone was tullulah and it was a total joke :)

You look fabulous and I hope you are doing well :)

Danette - Deerfield Elementary said...

All I can say, is you are awesome. Love you girl. Glitter - awesome. Right out of Hunger Games. Why not Catsa? Or Roo?

Brooke S. said...

Oh joy! I'm so excited to hear about the developments!

Nikki Jenson said...

you're such a cute pregnant mommy! I want to blow up all your pictures just to bug you (like I did at your shower.) Ok, yesterday Brent and I drove past a sign with a bunch of relator names and one was "Jessmine"...I thought that was unusual... food for thought!

Kylen and Adrienne said...

What a pretty picture! I seriously can't believe you're almost done! I'm so excited for you!! My favorite name that Kylen won't ever go for is Lorelai or Lorelyn. He just said that if we end up having like 8 kids, THEN I could use that name. But we both know that I probably won't make it that far, so it's up for the taking :)

Hannah said...

OK... I just commented on your other blog, but I can't help it. Your house looks beautiful and I think it is a great idea to have a few names (just in case).

amy jo said...

looking good!